Are My Customers Really Using Search Engines To Make Buying Decisions?
Let’s take a look at some key stats:
- 86% of consumers use the Internet to find a local business (WebVisible survey)
- 72% of consumers prefer to find information on local merchants via search. (WebVisible survey)
- 29% of consumers search for local businesses at least every week (BrightLocal survey)
OK, so your customers are searching, but that doesn’t mean you should use Google AdWords. That leads us to the next common question…
Why Use Google AdWords Versus Bing or Yahoo?
We’ll let the stats speak for themselves here:
- Google owns 71% of the search market share. (Netmarketshare.com). This stat alone answers the question, but we won’t stop at just search. Here are some stats about Google’s Display network…
- Google owns the world’s largest online display advertising network. (comScore)
- Google display campaigns reach 80% of global internet users. (Google Benchmarks and Insights)
- Consumers exposed to display ads are, on average, 155% more likely to search for brand- and segment-specific terms. (Specific Media)